By Eva Brems
This quantity constitutes a observation on Article 14 of the United countries conference at the Rights of the kid, ensuring the correct to freedom of inspiration, moral sense and faith. it truly is a part of the sequence, A statement at the United countries conference at the Rights of the kid, which gives a piece of writing via article research of all substantive, organizational and procedural provisions of the CRC and its non-compulsory Protocols. for each article, a comparability with comparable human rights provisions is made, by way of an in-depth exploration of the character and scope of country tasks deriving from that article. The sequence constitutes an important device for actors within the box of children’s rights, together with lecturers, scholars, judges, grassroots employees, governmental, non- governmental and overseas officials. The sequence is subsidized by means of the Belgian Federal technology coverage place of work.
Read Online or Download Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 14: The Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience And Religion PDF
Similar foreign & international law books
Mit der Globalisierung sind die Grenzen zwischen den Staaten durchlässiger geworden. Der transnationale Austausch und Handel sind groß wie nie zuvor. Korea ist zu einem wichtigen Handelspartner für Deutschland geworden. Grundkenntnisse im koreanischen Recht sind eine wichtige Voraussetzung, um von einem unterschiedlichen Rechtsverständnis nicht überrascht zu werden.
This ebook charts the occurrence of territorial alterations and army conflicts from 1816 to 1980. utilizing statistical and descriptive research, the authors try and resolution 3 similar units of questions: * whilst does army clash accompany the method of nationwide independence? * whilst do states struggle over territorial adjustments and whilst are such transactions accomplished peacefully?
The principles provided during this quantity of "Principles of ecu legislation" care for carrier contracts. the industrial value of carrier contracts in the ecu is gigantic. the eu fee lately expected that companies account for a few 50% of ecu GDP and for a few 60% of employment within the Union - although a precise determine is tough to figure out provided that many providers are supplied by means of brands of products.
America's present warfare on Terror is inflicting a readjustment of centuries of POW guidelines. Prisoners of conflict are once more within the information as the US and Western Europe grapple with a brand new, faceless enemy and the foundations of struggle and the torture of POWs are open to reconsideration. till very lately, there was astonishingly little written as regards to prisoners of warfare.
- The UN, UNESCO and the Politics of Knowledge
- The Language Question in Europe and Diverse Societies: Political, Legal and Social Perspectives (Onati International Series in Law and Society)
- Fraudulent Evidence Before Public International Tribunals: The Dirty Stories of International Law
- Public International Law in a Nutshell
Additional resources for Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 14: The Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience And Religion
88 M. c. (note 3), p. 329. 89 M. c. (note 3), pp. 328–329. 85 86 34 CHAPTER THREE the Declaration on the Elimination of Religious Intolerance and of Discriminations Based on Religion or Belief provides that ‘practices of a religion or beliefs in which a child is brought up must not be injurious to his physical or mental health or to his full development’. An example could be circumcision. Circumcision of boys is in many cases based on religion. An argument can be made that it threatens boys’ physical health, in particular through the risks involved in the operation, as well as their psychological health through the consequences of the operation.
48. Human Rights Committee, General Comment No. c. (note 24), para. 8. Human Rights Committee, General Comment No. c. (note 24), para. 8. SCOPE OF ARTICLE 14 39 for the Protection of Juveniles Deprived of their Liberty,111 which the CRC Committee has commended to States Parties:112 ‘(. ) The religious and cultural beliefs, practices and moral concepts of the juvenile should be respected’ (rule 4) and ‘Every juvenile should be allowed to satisfy the needs of his or her religious and spiritual life, in particular by attending the services or meetings provided in the detention facility or by conducting his or her own services and having possession of the necessary books or items of religious observance and instruction of his or her denomination.
22 on Article 18 of the CCPR, the Human Rights Committee states: ‘The terms ‘belief’ and ‘religion’ are to be broadly construed. Article 18 is not limited in its application to traditional religions or to religions and beliefs with institutional characteristics or practices analogous to those of traditional religions. 53 There is no reason to adopt a different interpretation of Article 14 of the CRC in this respect. This is particularly relevant for the debate that exists in several States about the issue of ‘sects’, and the protection of minors against them.
Commentary on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 14: The Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience And Religion by Eva Brems