By George Baklarz
DB2® nine builds at the world's no 1 firm database to simplify the supply of data as a carrier, speed up improvement, and dramatically enhance operational potency, safety, and resiliency.
Now, this re-creation bargains entire, start-to-finish assurance of DB2 nine management and improvement for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows® systems, in addition to authoritative education for the newest IBM DB2 certification exam.
Written for either DBAs and builders, this definitive reference and self-study advisor covers all features of deploying and dealing with DB2 nine, together with DB2 database layout and improvement; day by day management and backup; deployment of networked, Internet-centered, and SOA-based purposes; migration; and lots more and plenty extra. you are going to additionally locate an unprecedented choice of professional advice for optimizing functionality, availability, and price.
- Important protection and resiliency improvements, together with complex entry regulate; fine-grained, label-based protection; and the hot safety administrator role
- Breakthrough pureXML™ beneficial properties that enable you to be triumphant with service-oriented architecture
- Operational advancements that increase DBA efficiency--including self-tuning reminiscence allocation, computerized garage administration, and garage optimization
- Table-partitioning beneficial properties that increase scalability and manageability
- Powerful advancements for extra agile and swift improvement, together with the hot Eclipse-based Developer Workbench and straightforward SQL or XQuery entry to all data
Whatever your position in operating with DB2 or getting ready for certification, DB2 nine for Linux, UNIX, and home windows, 6th Edition is the single booklet you cannot come up with the money for to be without.
Download whole DB2 V9 Trial Version
Visit ibm.com/db2/9/download.html to obtain an entire trial model of DB2, which allows you to attempt dozens of the main robust positive factors of DB2 for your self: every thing from pureXML aid to automatic management and optimization.
- Straight from IBM, the final word consultant to working DB2 nine and getting ready for the newest IBM DB2 certification exam!
- Covers robust DB2 nine improvements starting from automatic administration to more desirable compression
- Covers the whole spectrum of DBA obligations, together with server administration, information placement, XML recommendations, job research, excessive availability, and security
- Presents professional information and top practices from the DB2 customer service organization
Read or Download DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows : DBA guide, reference, and exam prep PDF
Best unix books
This is often the 1st, and nonetheless, the main complete e-book to explain the delicate workings of the UNIX approach V kernel--the inner algorithms, the buildings that shape the foundation of the UNIX working process, and their courting to the programming interface. approach programmers will achieve a greater knowing of the way the kernel works and may be ready to examine algorithms utilized in the UNIX procedure to algorithms utilized in different working structures.
This booklet indicates you ways to take advantage of Unix utilities, lex andyacc, in application improvement. those instruments support programmers construct compilers and interpreters, yet additionally they have a much broader variety of purposes. you can find educational sections for amateur clients, reference sections for complicated clients, and an in depth index.
- Automating Linux and Unix System Administration
- Pro OpenSolaris: a new open source OS for Linux developers and administrators
- Linux Complete Command Reference
- Learn Enough Command Line To Be Dangerous (Developer Fundamentals, Book 1)
- SAS Macro Language: Reference, Version 8
Additional info for DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows : DBA guide, reference, and exam prep
Figure 1–4 The DB2 code for Linux, UNIX, and Windows is virtually the same DB2 for i5/OS and DB2 for z/OS are optimized for their respective environments. For example, DB2 for z/OS is based on a shared-everything disk architecture where the hardware-assisted Coupling Facility is used to serialize access to the shared disk. No such hardware exists for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, and therefore DB2 on these platforms uses a shared-nothing architecture. For this reason, administration tends to vary between these platforms (though many concepts and features are similar).
For example, if you had to load 600 GB of data, only 100 GB of data would need to be loaded into each server. • Rolling window data update requirements for the warehouse make parallel SQL processing and additional log space essential. Not only does DPF give you more power to process the SQL, it gives you more resources (log space, memory, and so on). • DPF should be considered if the database contains more than 400 GB of RAW data. Other indicators for using DPF are the total number of rows in the table and whether scan performance is critical to workload performance.
DB2 Workgroup supports all the same features as DB2 Express. Additional features and capabilities can also be added, via feature packs, without having to purchase DB2 Enterprise. DB2 Workgroup can be licensed using the same options as DB2 Express — it only differs with respect to the architecture limits, which in turn optimize it for specific workloads. For example, the RAM limit for DB2 Workgroup is 16 GB, which is four times the amount you are entitled to use with a DB2 Express data server (which generally translates into better performance, or more supported users).
DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows : DBA guide, reference, and exam prep by George Baklarz